Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some Things Are Just That Fun!

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

Today was the second weekend of race season at the local dirt track and thus my second Saturday home alone for 8 to 12 hours. Last week it was very close to twelve. Today it was just over eight hours. Last week I had to prioritize the 300 some pages I had left to read in King's Under the Dome and 5 DVD all of which had to be in the library drop box before noon Monday. This week such pressures were off. I did have some chores to do in our room and laundry but nothing pressing. I was planning to spend the bulk of the time working on my script for Script Frenzy as I mentioned in last night's post. And if the weather was good (and it was!) I wanted to sit on the porch with Merlin and a book for a bit, alternating reading with sessions on the mini-tramp. And this evening I'd hoped to watch a movie on the big flat screen TV in the front room.

But before Ed and his folks left at 2 this afternoon, I started crocheting while listening to downloaded news pods. After making five more of the original pattern bookmarks, my wrist was twinging so I decided to get out the embroidered bookmark I've been working at for several years off and on. Next thing I knew I was glancing up at a dark window. I hadn't eaten. I hadn't started laundry. I hadn't sat out on the porch with a book and Merlin. Hadn't got on the mini-tramp.

No. Instead, I had sat in the same spot I spend most of my waking hours all week--the edge of the bed--and worked the hook or needle while listening to month old news; something I could do any time of any day. Now, unless Ed's folks choose to go out of town on the same day Ed has to work, sometime this week, I have to wait a week for the next race day, hoping for a dry track, to have another chance to do those things I can only do when I'm home alone.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP