Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday Serenity #247

Vintage Buttons from my Mom's collection
ranging from pre WWI thru 1970s
I'm going to be playing in my fiber arts supplies this week--thread, ribbons, yarn, buttons--with two main projects in mind: accessorizing crocheted and embroidered bookmarks and a sweater.  Also will be planning Xmas gifts and birthday gifts coming up over the next six months or so.

I have been severely limiting my crocheting and other sewing for over a month now.  At first it was because I'd strained my shoulder and couldn't control tension on the thread. But then as the balance of my attention shifted back towards reading, writing and blogging from the obsession with crochet I'd held for nearly two years, I realized that I did not want to allow it to shift back into obsession--in either direction.

I love reading and writing as much as crochet and needlework so was missing it terribly but struggling with my tendency to get so locked in on what I'm doing that I lose all track of the passage of time.  Sometimes for days at a time.

This past week I was nearly that focused on blogging for Banned Book Week but the fact that my attention was split between writing and prepping posts, reading, surfing other blogs, and social networking saved me from hyperfocusing on any one of them.  But I did drop the thread, so to speak, and my fingers are itching for it.

So stay tuned, I'll probably have photos of fiber art WIP over the next weeks.

I'm also going to be prepping for NaNoWriMo but most of that is mental work--daydreaming--which I can do while playing with my thread WIP.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP