Thursday, October 06, 2011

October Spooky Themed Thons and Challenges

Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon

I almost forgot I was planning to do this.  And here I've been scrambling each day for something quick to post so I can get back to reading!  I've been reading qualifying books all week too!  But I won't be officially a participant until I get this post up so I can sign in.  :(.

Books on my agenda this week:

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - finished on Monday
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer - finished on Wednesday
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer - begun on Wednesday
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving - begun - for Wordshakers an online book club posting reviews this week!  but I just got my library copy Tuesday.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck - begun last week for Banned Book Week and I'm very anxious to return to it.  Was going back and forth between it and the Twilight series until I got my hands on Owen Meany.  Going back and forth between multiple fiction stories is not my typical style. :)

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - begun the day it came home from the library last week.  It's not going to renew for me and the queue is getting longer by the day!

A Child Thief by - Bron.  Tthis one came home from the library same day as Night Circus and is also in a queue.  I had 4 books with that same issue arrive the same day.  I don't know how I'm going to finish them all before they are due on the 17th!

The other two due and not renewing on the 17th would also qualify for the scary theme but I'm probably not getting to by the time the Thon ends Sunday night:

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown  I began this in June the first time I got my turn with it and didn't finish and now my turn came again the same week as three other high demand library books!

The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obrecht


What I need is a month long Read-a-Thon!

Ask and you shall receive!

On the Frightful Thon blog this month long Thon at Psychotic State was announced:

Things that Go Bump in the Night Read-a-Thon

Click on the caption to join in.

So now I have my month long spooky themed thon and I can add a few more from my current hoard of scary stories:

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King

The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffman

There are more but  those are the ones coming due in the next two weeks and that is plenty for now.

And on Psychic State I found a link to a Spooktacular challenge for the Spooky month:



October Paranormal Reading Challenge
WWRATAnd one blog sidebar leads me to another, to another, to another...

The Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon is being held over the same weekend as the Dewey 24 Hour Read-a-Thon which I'm already committed to but why not combine eh?

1 tell me a story:

Lori Johnston 10/07/2011 6:48 AM  

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and participating, Joy Renee! I look forward to your reviews.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP