Saturday, October 30, 2010

Phoenix Feather: Bead for Life

Oh, I am so drooling over these beads! I can just see them incorporated into my crocheted bookmarks or the braided bookmarks I'm planning.

Why they rate a Phoenix Feather is because the Bead for Life organization is "Eradicating Poverty One Bead at a Time" as these beads are made from scrap paper by Ugandan women and then sold loose like this and as jewelry.

I totally love the concept: Trash to Beauty to Life.

Hoarder that I am I am gratified to see things considered trash by most and some of the very kinds of things I save--bright colored waste paper like magazine covers and junk mail and candy wrappers--turned into something beautiful and useful and in the process supporting families who are typically living on a dollar a day by providing food, medicine, school fees.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP