Monday, October 04, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? #19

I'm still reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. It was due today and I'm not even half way. I have to decided overnight what I'm going to do. Let it go and move on to one of the 17 other library items or hang on and 'rent' it at 20 cents per day. I just checked the library queues and they are much shorter now. Still. Interrupting a story....

Waiting at the library are eleven more books I ordered last week. I meant to go into my account the night I put them in my hold list and deactivate all but a few, doling them out at three to five per week over the next couple of months. I got distracted and now they are all there at once. Some are NF I was in the middle of before I left town in July. Some are short books that qualify for one or more of the reading challenges I'm woefully behind on. Some are books I saw reviewed on blogs and had to send for to get a closer look.

Not only is there no way I can finish all 29 items in the next nine weeks (assuming that many of the new ones will renew twice for a total of 3 x 3 week loans) I can't imagine where to put them. I used to often have over fifty items out between our two cards and had no problem finding space for them. But that was before I started getting review copies and loans from my niece and accumulating sewing and craft materials.

At any rate. If I decide to 'rent' The Lacuna that will be my focus for the week. If not I'll probably move on to Stockette's The Help on audio which got interrupted in August when I returned home and had to leave the Longview library Large Print edition behind. Or both, if I manage to increase my pace in the former.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP