Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? #11

I didn't get to read much all last week. I did have some scattered periods of free time during each day but I tended to use them to crochet, watch news pods, play on LOLcats. Things that I didn't mind having interrupted as much as I mind having a story interrupted. And then there was the Bones season 3 which consumed all my free time on Monday and Tuesday. I wish now that I'd had the good sense to wait until i got back to Phoenix next month to order the Bones DVD. I could have used that time for so many other things. Things that I can only do here. Books that I can only get at the Longview library.

The week of Mom and I being on our own went by without many hitches and nothing major. The worst faux pas was when I was trying to refill the Pur pitcher with the spray nozzle at the sink and my thumb got trigger happy and pulled the trigger before I had it aimed into the pitched. It was aimed at the fridge across the room. So I created a sudden cloudburst in the kitchen which I had to clean up with a Sham Wow.

I didn't read much last week but I did carry that 1100+ page book, The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, around the house with me to keep it near me just in case. I did get to read nearly 50 pages in one sitting but mostly it was in snatches of a few paragraphs or pages. I'm still not to the half-way point yet.

And now I have reached the half way point on the time I can have The Book Thief. It's due in 11 days. There may be a grace day. I'll have to check with my sister. Or the library web site...duh! But it is a 500 page book and I know it won't renew so I need to start it at the latest six days before it is due or by August 1.

So my plan for this week is to focus on The Hour I First Believed until I finish or until I sleep Saturday night or if it is obvious I can't finish by Saturday night look for a good enough stopping place and switch over to The Book Thief. Because I am really, really wanting to read that and have already let one of my turns at it dwindle away until it was too late. That was the week I was packing for this trip and though it wasn't due for another week I couldn't start it because I couldn't take it with me.

My sister just picked up several books I'd ordered from the Vancouver library today which I'll probably browse in a bit. Especially the Crochet Stitch Bible and the Japanese braiding book. There are more waiting for me at the Longview library which she'll probably pick up tomorrow. But my focus this week will be on those two novels and I need to get as far as I can by the weekend because the package I am expecting from Joann.com might come any time after Friday and I suspect I will find it too hard to resist playing with my fourteen new balls of thread.

1 tell me a story:

Sheila (Bookjourney) 7/28/2010 5:30 AM  

The Hour I First Believed is over 1100 pages? Am I reading that right? I am going to have to look at that - wow!

The Book Thief reads fast you will enjoy it.

Have a super week :D

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP