Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Un-TT


#75


Thirteen Reasons Why I'm Thinking of Not Doing a TT For the First Time Since I Began 75 Weeks Ago



1. I've been awake for over twenty hours.
2. I may not have the time to visit TTs until Saturday.
3. Saturday is the day Sven III begins.
4. Having had more sick than well days in the past two weeks, I had to use this first good day in a week to catch up on a lot of necessary chores instead of preparing the pictures for the promised TT featuring our new library.
5 I may get to go to the library tomorrow. Can you blame me for putting that ahead of surfing TTs?
6. I considered another Silly Title/Author list which I could copy/paste much faster than I am typing this Un-TT list but am just not in the mood to put the other pieces of the TT together--the code, the mr. linky.
7 Similarly I don't feel like fighting the TT hub again this week. I don't know whether the problems it had last week will repeat this week but I am in no mood to even click over there to find out. Last week's dozens of failed attempts to post my comment at the hub has left a sour taste.
8. All of this matters so much because I'm so tired.
9. I should listen to my body and mood telling me I'm fatigued because it has proven it can have the last say.
10. I spent a couple hours today making bibliography slips for dozens of library books and my heart is with those books rather than the prospect of visiting a dozen+ TT lists--as entertaining and often exhilarating as that is.
11. Ed has the day off tomorrow and I'd rather spend that day with him awake which means I need to get to sleep soon and can't spend more than a few more minutes on today's post.
12. My eyes are burning.
13. I'm embarrassed that I still haven't gotten those pictures of the library grand opening off the camera after nearly twenty days and have kept breaking my promise to post them and really dreaded confessing it was still not done.

(If you are a TTer who happens to stumble over this come back late tomorrow or Friday and I will have added the TT code and mr. linkey widget. Or go ahead and comment now and I'll add your link to mr. linkey after I return your visit sometime this weekend.)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


4 tell me a story:

L^2 2/27/2008 9:13 PM  

Oh Goodness Joy, I really hope you are able to get some rest. It definitely sounds like you need it. TT is not worth stressing and losing sleep over. Just do what you need/want to do and catch up with TTers if you have time later. And you know, it's perfectly okay to take a break from it for a while. :-)

Take care!

Ann 2/28/2008 7:48 PM  

Hey I can totally relate to being too pooped to TT hop. Enjoy your trip to the library and have a great weekend. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried 2/29/2008 4:59 AM  

Yeah, L^2 is right. Listen to her.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP