Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sunday Serenity #42


print for sale at art.com

Dolphins have become a symbol of joy for me, and of the subset of emotions and states of mind contained in joy: peace, harmony, acceptance, hope...

I'm in a celebratory mood today, Saturday, after attending the Phoenix library's grand opening for its new building.

Though still not feeling well enough to make the walk, I got to go because Ed got off work in time to drive me. We still had to walk a couple of blocks because the parking lots of the library and the church across the street were full and the nearest spot on a residential street was well over a block away.

That was quite a turnout for our tiny town.

The occasion was twice as sweet with memories of this time last year when an indefinite closure of our county library system was looming. That closure went into effect last April 6 and lasted until last October 24 (29th for Phoenix).

The Phoenix branch, just one of 15 branches of the Jackson County Library System that closed for seven months last year, has been in a temporary building since June of 2005 after it moved out of its old building so City Hall could move in and thus allow for the demolition of the old City Hall building on which site the new library building was built.

I took my camera and went snap happy with it. I'm planning to do my TT with them next Thursday but I may not wait that long to post something.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP