Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sunday Serenity #41

It is February in Oregon and it is raining. Might as well go with it. Here is Enya singing It's In the Rain. Below the video are links to several more music videos featuring rain as a metaphor. Such a strong and yet versatile metaphor!




Patty Griffin: Rain (haunting, wistful, a little sad)

Madonna: Rain (well, it's Madonna. nuf said.)

Love Physcodelico: Rain (very surreal but mesmerizing video and unique sound)

Eurythmics: Here Comes the Rain Again (longing, lonliness)

Billie Myers: Kiss the Rain (no serenity in this one but I couldn't resist for its strong use of the metaphor and thus the comparison and contrast for how versatile this metaphor is.)

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know Enya well but It's In the Rain was a new one for me. I'd heard both the Madonna and Eurythmics songs many times but never seen the videos. The other three artists were completely new finds for me and feel like treasures or blessings. This is one of the reasons I continue to do Sunday Serenity the weekly ritual itself has become a blessing for me.

1 tell me a story:

Jamie 2/03/2008 1:02 PM  

Rain, does have a lot of metaphores to it. Something about water does that, even if it is falling from the sky. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP