Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If Dogs and Squirrels can...

This story came to me via one of those ubiquitous email forwards. I always check these things out online to the best of my googling skills before passing them along. This one was confirmed by the Snopes Urban Legend site.

I was so charmed by the story and the photos I just had to share them here. Besides, this happened near Renton, Washington only a couple hours drive from where I grew up.


The pregnant Papillon was fascinated by the infant squirrel, Finnegan from the first and in the days before she gave birth she dragged Finnegan's kennel across two rooms to her own bedside--twice.

Two days after she gave birth, Giselle took Finnegan on, nursing and grooming him the same as any of her own five pups.



There are lots more pictures and more story at the Snopes site if you have a few moments to oooh and ahhh. The link is in the last sentence of the first paragraph above.

2 tell me a story:

Ann 2/27/2008 7:34 PM  

Cute pictures, Joy Renee. I found a cute squirrel picture on ICanHasCheezburger, that I posted.

Jamie 2/29/2008 8:32 PM  

I love the squirrel bridge in longview and the statue at the Library too. These are cute pictures.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP