Sunday, February 17, 2008

Monday Poetry Train #33



In this video you see an interesting example of an early Bob Dylan displaying a playfulness with words, showing how one can take words that appear in other contexts and mix them up, stirring the mind to startling new combinations of word, image and context.

In this example he takes the words off of several advertising boards on the side of a building. Below is a line taken from my own word-play files. See if you can figure out what the original context was from which I took my inspiration.

Stagecast for Tuneday is zany, smartly rowdy with dance for bowers.


If you need help see the link on the first word for a clue.

To get an idea of the influence Bob Dylan's word-play has had on western culture since the 1960's just scan this list: Bob Dylan songs

6 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  2/18/2008 5:23 AM  

I ,ike Bob Dylan anyday. Thanks for the Video!

Julia Phillips Smith 2/18/2008 7:40 AM  

I couldn't get the link to play. I'll hunt it up on YouTube when I get home tonight. But I did like your Stagecast for Tuneday.

Ann 2/18/2008 7:55 AM  

Hey, Hope your feeling better. I tagged you for a meme. :)
Liked your Stagecast for Tuneday.

THOMAS GRASTY 2/18/2008 11:15 AM  

If you like mixing up words to create new and interesting insights in Dyaln, then I think you're going to enjoy my new novel, BLOOD ON THE TRACKS.

It's a murder-mystery. But not just any rock superstar is knocking on heaven's door. The murdered rock legend is none other than Bob Dorian, an enigmatic, obtuse, inscrutable, well, you get the picture...

Suspects? Tons of them. The only problem is they're all characters in Bob's songs.

You can get a copy on Amazon.com or go "behind the tracks" at www.bloodonthetracksnovel.com to learn more about the book.

Anonymous,  2/18/2008 10:41 PM  

thanks for the bob & ginsberg clip!

Lisa Andel 2/19/2008 4:49 AM  

Hell, I'd forgotten he sounded like that.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP