Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunday Serenity #44


Who says you can't be a kid again!

The Etch-A-Sketch was one of our family standby toys for both illness and travel. Thus I was tickled to find this (again, as I found the link in my bookmarks) today while feeling icky (achy, sore skin, fatigued and dizzy). You know I am sick when I don't feel like reading.

This bug has had me in its grip for three weeks now. Possibly five if I count the very first sore throat that lasted nearly a week without proceeding on to respiratory symptoms. So I'm not sure if it has been one virus or several. I start to feel better and get active again and then wham! It reminds me of no other illness in my history as much as mono which chewed me up and spit me out in my Junior year of high school thirty four years ago.

Talking about being sick may not seem to belong in a post about serenity but knowledge about the connection between illness and stress is fairly widespread now and I was aware of it years before it became mainstream. I am trying to apply that knowledge consciously this time. As part of the Creative Change project my sister-friend Jamie and I are working on this year, I am trying to stay mindful of my thoughts and emotions in the moment, monitor the rationality of my expectations of myself as I work at clearing mental clutter with as much dedication as I've given to clutter of physical stuff, computer files and time use in the last two months.

2 tell me a story:

Ann 2/24/2008 7:17 AM  

Hi Joy- That was fun. I like using the arrow keys better than the two wheels (I was never any good at coortinating them). Hope you start feeling better soon (being sick sucks- especially when you're so sick you don't feel like reading). Have a great week. :)

Julia Phillips Smith 2/24/2008 7:40 PM  

Hope you feel better soon, Joy Renee. I've sometimes found I've gained a serene sense of clarity when I've been very sick, unable to eat and by the nature of the illness, spending hours in solitude. Almost like forced meditation.

May you be reading again in no time!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP