Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #100

A couple weeks ago for Weekly Geeks #13 assignment, I posted photos sans names of the authors who have influenced my own writing. Today I'm going to repost the photos with the names. I couldn't decide which four of the sixteen to leave off so...sue me. :)



Thirteen (plus three) of the Writers Who Have Most Influenced My Own Writing




Ray Bradbury


Alice Hoffman


Stephen King

Shakespeare


Maya Angelo


Tony Morrison


Walt Whitman


Flannery O'Conner


David Lynch


Isabelle Allende


Gabriel Garcia Marquez


Joyce Carol Oates


Joseph Campbell


Janet Burroway
(Her textbook, Fiction Writing, has been my bible for over 15 years but I blush to say I've not read her fiction yet. I seem to remember checking the library catalog for them while reading it the first time and finding them unavailable. But I've not checked recently. In fact I've not checked my current library system ever. About time I rectify that.)


Bob Dylan


A. S. Byatt




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


12 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 5:16 PM  

Nice list,I like it that you've got Bob Dylan on it :)
Happy TT!

Greets Julia

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 5:25 PM  

Well, I've read works by two of your thirteen (King and Shakespeare).

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 6:02 PM  

happy tt and lots of good choices, morrison, angelou, oates, shakespeare, whitman, king, hoffman, bradbury...wow i've read books by all the authors on your list except for 3.
http://www.apooobooks.com/2008/08/20/hot-fun-summertimehanging-beach/

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 6:36 PM  

This is a great list! Wonderful authors to interact with through your writing! Good for you!

Happy TT

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 7:37 PM  

Ray Bradbury was influential on me too.

pussreboots 8/20/2008 7:55 PM  

Fantastic selection of authors. Happy TT.

Lori 8/20/2008 8:12 PM  

Great list...Happy TT:)

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 8:44 PM  

Great list. Such a wide varitey of people.

I think King is the only one I've actually read though. (and this is the second TT I've seen his picture on today. -grin-)

bernieg1 8/20/2008 9:18 PM  

Some wonderful authors you site. Personally I enjoy Stephen King most of them all.


My TT is up here.

Anonymous,  8/20/2008 11:36 PM  

Good post, that's quite the list.

Alice at I Was Born2Cree8
Or My 24th Thursday 13

Anonymous,  8/21/2008 3:07 AM  

Haven't heard of Janet Burroway's Fiction Writing. I'll have to check it out. And Bob Dylan, too? Interesting.

Denise Patrick 8/21/2008 9:53 AM  

I've heard of most of them, but haven't read as many of them as I think I should. Maybe it's time to take a trip to the library.

Great TT!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP