Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Greek Mythology Personality Test

I Am
Orpheus

0% Extroversion, 100% Intuition, 100% Emotiveness, 100% Perceptiveness


You are an artist, an aesthete, a sensitive, and someone who has never really let go of that childlike innocence. To you, all of life has a sense of wonder in it, and the story of Orpheus was written about someone just like you.

When the Argo passed the island of the Sirens, Orpheus played a song more beautiful than the Sirens to prevent the crew from becoming enticed. When his wife died, he ventured into the underworld to charm Hades but, in his naivete, he looked back becoming trapped there.

You can capture your unique world view and relate it to others with the skill of a master storyteller. Your sensitivity and creativity make you a treasure to the human race, but your thin-skinned nature and innocence can cause you a lot of disenchantment and pain. What's doubly unfortunate is that, if you try to lose those traits, you never will, and everyone will be able to tell that you're putting up an artificial shell to prevent yourself from being hurt.

Famous people like you: Hemingway, Shakespeare, Mr. Rogers, Melville, Nick Tosches
Stay clear of: Icarus, Hermes, Atlas
OK. I have no idea how much meaning to invest in these things but they are fun and when I ran across this one on a post at Joely's from last summer, I just had to try it.
And I'm pleased to identify with Orpheus. He was always one of my favorite Greek divinities. The archetype of the storyteller essentially.

Take the test here.

And yes, I am still frantically scrolling through Joely's archives in anticipation of their disappearing when she transfers domain to the new host. Any second now. But I'm not nearly as frantic as I was since I am about to catch up to where I first started visiting her Friday Snippets and TT's last summer. I know I haven't read every single post between then and now but I have checked in at least once a week so I fell about caught up.

As weird as this obsession might seem, I am not sorry I spent the bulk of my time over the last 13 days at this for I've learned a lot by watching her path unfold over three years and found a lot of valuable resources which I am anxious to start applying to my own stories.

Most of all I am just so inspired. I am chomping at the bit to get going on my stories again. The most important thing I learned from Joely was the importance of discipline and believing in your dreams no matter what obstacles life throws at you.

2 tell me a story:

Joely Sue Burkhart 8/15/2008 5:47 PM  

I still can't believe you read the whole thing! Bless you for your sweet note. Definitely, there are two key things I learned. 1). Finish. 2). Write with authority. Neither happens if you don't believe in yourself and your gift.

Ann 8/15/2008 8:28 PM  

I took the test and am also an Orpheus (big surprise there, right? *g*). I learn something everytime I read Joely's blog.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP