Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #99

The Archetypes Storytelling Cards, is one of the the things Joely talked about last year using as a help in the planning stage for a story--to help set up plot, setting, character, theme, and metaphor. She learned about from Holly Lisle's Plot Clinic which I had read last summer myself and been intrigued by the concept but Holly's book did not contain images from the cards and Joely provided a link to their site where I got lost for hours the other day. I would provide a direct link to her post but her site is changing hosts any moment and her blog archives can't go with.

The deck contains 64 cards and was conceived as an alternative to using a tarot deck for the same purpose as many have a religious aversion to handling a tarot deck even for a non-divination purpose. I love the art on these cards. Aren't they simply gorgeous?

The link to the site is in the first line above. Click on each card featured below for a description and larger image. Here is the link to the deck at a glance.

Thursday
Thirteen

Thirteen of the Archetype Cards from the Storyteller Deck















Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


2 tell me a story:

Joely Sue Burkhart 8/15/2008 5:44 PM  

I love these cards. I always get such cool little nuggets! It's definitely something I need to do soon as I plot the new Keldari story. I hope you find them as useful!

Ann 8/15/2008 8:29 PM  

I keep meaning to order a set, but haven't done it yet. I love the artwork. :)

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP