Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weekly Geeks #14: Picturing Books

Weekly Geeks is back after a two week hiatus. This week's assignment is to post pictures of books.

See the bottom of this post for an important announcement.

These are the pics I took immediately after the January room makeover. I posted them in my TT the last week of January.


This is the view I have from my 'office' at the head of the bed. That's the top of the TV on the bottom edge of the picture. The shelves are deep enough to contain two rows of books. The front row on the bottom shelf are all library books. That row is empty this week as I've not been able to make the walk to the library for nearly two months because of the heat waves and the smoke from the California fires.

There is a row of Ed's programming books on the top shelf not shown above.
The blue books are the set of World Book Encyclopedias that I bought for $1 apiece at the library in early 2005. I blogged about it here. Below them is half of the Great Book set acquired the same way just two weeks later as described here.

More library books on that bottom shelf. Above them is half of the Great Books set. Above them is a shelf with nf trade and paperbacks. That stack in front of them then was my stack of to-be-reviewed at the time. That space in front of the nf is now completely full as two-thirds of its space is taken up by the review books I received from Hachette Book Groups.

This is my office. There are more books on the shelves by the window and more on the shelves under the computer.

I'm ashamed to say, I've not kept it nearly as tidy as these pics show it. Yet pleased to report that it has been six months and it has never been at risk of degenerating into anything resembling the before pics. The quilt has not been spread since March and is serving as part of my backrest as I type with my laptop on a board over a box between my legs.

Some of this week's WG participants:

1. MizB (bookshelves)
2. Alessandra
3. Icedream
4. Kerry (Saving my Sanity)
5. Joanne (Book Zombie)
6. Jackie (Literary Escapism)
7. Kim (page after page)
8. Molly (Restless Reader)
9. Rebecca (Just One More Page)
10. bookworm
11. Marisa
12. Mysteries in Paradise
13. Nari
14. Melanie
15. Serena (Savvy Verse & Wit)
16. Suey
17. Renay
18. Stephanie's Written Word
19. Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)
20. SmallWorld Reads

I will be hosting another Hachette Groups giveaway some time in the next week.

And the week of September 22 I will be hosting a giveaway of Joshua Henkin's Matrimony. A single copy inscribed personally to the winner by the author!

1 tell me a story:

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie 8/30/2008 1:34 PM  

You know my kids made fun of me for saving a World Book set, because they say that's what the internet is for. But they have used the encyclopedias so much for schoolwork it was totally worth it.
Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP