Sunday, August 05, 2007

Monday Poetry Train #11

This is the poem I wrote for the invitations for the party we threw for my parent‘s 40th anniversary in 1995. It is the only thing I've ever had published as it was published in our local paper, The Longview Daily News, supposedly to announce and honor the anniversary of a local couple active in volunteer services. But an editor cut all the material tying it to them for space considerations whih irked me no end and makes me leary of submitting for publication in any forum where I cannot control the presentation. Yeah, I know. That's rules out just about every forum but blogging. I'm trying to get past that issue. But really. If editors can cut the thing that is the core of it, the whole point of it.....
I posted it before, shortly after my Dad passed on. The day before I read it aloud at his service. I post it again today in his memory as Tuesday would have been my parents 52 anniversary and thus the two of them are on my mind. I'd hoped to include a wedding pic but I forgot to remind my sister to scan and email it to me:




TIME IN ETERNITY
by Joy Renee


Time was there was no we
Only you and only me
Solitary I’s enclosed, apart.


Time went far to bring us here
To where we are--our
Unitary I’s--entwined by love.


Time is now for making strong
Our fragile, time-made bonds--
Singular I’s and thou’s in synergy.


Time will be when all our we’s
Conjoin in heaven’s harmony--
Tributary we’s in eternity.

8 tell me a story:

Heather Harper 8/06/2007 6:41 AM  

A sweet poem. What a lovely thing to read in memorium.

Anonymous,  8/06/2007 7:51 AM  

"...Tributary we’s in eternity..."

I shall steal this line for my commemoration candles that we sell at the gift store.
I will acknowledge your authorship.
Oaky?

Ann 8/06/2007 8:15 AM  

This is a lovely way to remember you're parents.

Susan Helene Gottfried 8/06/2007 8:18 AM  

That's fantastic, Joy. Really beautiful; I hope it lives on in other places.

Rhian 8/06/2007 4:13 PM  

Aside from being a lovely tribute - the use of word play in this to accent the meaning and emotion is fabulous!

Jill 8/06/2007 4:30 PM  

Synergie...it's been a while since I've seen that word!!
Love through time is surely greatly represent here in your poem!!

Sparky Duck 8/06/2007 8:01 PM  

you know this is one of those choke me up poems

Anonymous,  8/08/2007 6:26 AM  

It flows so well.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP