Saturday, October 01, 2005

Eternity Encompasses Time's Passages

Can it have been a week already? A week. Days passing in a dreamscape of memories, tears, hugs, doorbells, phone ringing, food-bearing and flower-bearing arms floating through rooms where scattered memories startle laughter or tears or both at once. Children’s chatter. Hymn-singing. Prayer circles. Photographs. Remember this? Remember when? Remember that time?

This afternoon will be the memorial service and Monday morning will be the internment. Will it get easier then? Quieter maybe….but easier? I can‘t imagine. Time. They say it will take time.

This is the poem I wrote for my parent‘s 40th anniversary:

TIME IN ETERNITY

Time was there was no we
Only you and only me
Solitary I’s enclosed, apart.

Time went far to bring us here
To where we are--our
Unitary I’s--entwined by love.

Time is now for making strong
Our fragile, time-made bonds--
Singular I’s and thou’s in synergy.

Time will be when all our we’s
Conjoin in heaven’s harmony--
Tributary we’s in eternity.

I am to read it at the service today. If I can stay composed. If my desire to honor my Dad can overcome both grief and the swarm of panic-anxiety triggers to be expected in a crowded public setting where sensory overload is immanent. If Eternity will encompass time, providing a buffer against the pain and fear and give free passage to the Voice which which Love speaks in time.

3 tell me a story:

drogidy 10/05/2005 9:00 PM  

Dear Joy,

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

It surprised me to read your recent posts because I came to your site from the nice comment you left on mine (about the book), and I had no inkling that you were in grief.

Being somewhat socially-inept I'm not sure how one expresses the desire to offer some comfort or support to the grieving, since there's little more we can really do than write to you.

I guess all we can do is say things like 'our condolences' or 'our hearts go out to you' which sounds kind of tacky but it's the best we can do to express through this primitive interface that you're an admirable person for being so brave in such a miserable situation, and for keeping up this blog which in some way helps the rest of us remember how special life is and makes us better people.

If grief can in any way be shared psychically between people then I'm sure a lot of your readers would gladly take that burden. Well, I guess that's it. I don't know what else to say except that you have yet another ear to talk to, if you need it.

Wishing you well.

(And cursing those damned spammers who have the gall to spam such a personal post. Would you like me to write a strong email to Blogger about them?)

cube 10/06/2005 11:12 AM  

Your tribute was very touching. I'm sorry for your loss.

ladydaria 11/03/2005 8:41 AM  

I am a published poet/writer and I write about personal experiences even in my poems. I just read this and it is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. Blessings to you and yours!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP