Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Slacking Off

I was trying hard all this week to get a long essay regarding the Patriot Act ready to post. Thought I was going to be able to do so this morning so I did not prepare anything else to blog about. I was thrown off track by the news I was greeted with as soon as I logged online shortly after midnight. My sister was waiting for me and sent me an IM. My Dad, who has been fighting cancer for 19 months, has been admitted to the VA hospital in Portland, Oregon. Either a tumor or swelling is affecting his vision and the deterioration over the last week has been significant. So I guess I can be excused for not having my homework done on time today. Even for someone with no history of a mood disorder and indicators for ADD would have trouble assimilating news like this in a few hour's time. I guess I can cut myself a little slack.

2 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  8/10/2005 11:00 AM  

My thoughts are with you and prayers for your dad.

P.S. Found you via Blog Explosion.

Jamie 8/10/2005 11:05 PM  

Sorry Joy, for giving the horrible news about dad. I am proud of you and don't worry about taking time out to assimulate the news, it's part of healing. I love you!!! Jamie

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP