Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Heart Is Breaking For NOLA

Since I have been avoiding the MSM fairly assiduously since Feburary, I've been getting my news and views primarily from the Internet during the wee hours of each day. I broke my MSM fast briefly the night Katrina was approaching New Orleans and I breathed that big sigh of relief when the storm jogged east by a notch and dropped its windpower before making landfall. When the sun came up Monday morning and the pictures and talk seemed to confirm that the anticipated worst case scenario had once again been avoided, I shut off the TV and did not succumb to the temptation to peek in for the macabe photos of shredded buildings and lives....

And then I logged online well after midnight this morning to be confronted with the news that the levies had broken and the city was filling with water, that thousands were trapped, that the water was toxic with sludge from chemical facilities.....

So much more. So much loss, pain, heartache. Am typing through my tears.

Sources: NOLA.com, New Orleans Metroblogging, The News Blog

1 tell me a story:

Kim Antieau 8/31/2005 10:18 PM  

I broke my fast, too. (Although I haven't checked Faux News even once!) Wasn't it strange--as if in sympathy--that we got a storm here on the same day that Katrina came ashore? (I assume you got it down your way too?) It was so strange to see those big night blue clouds over Portland and the Gorge in August.

Stay well.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP