Thursday, October 11, 2012

Read-a-Thon Prepping.

Only 30 hours before the start of my 11th 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.

Somehow I've got to figure out how to get a decent sleep before it starts and at the same time be ready to start at 5 AM in spite of the fact that I've been going to bed between 4 and 7 AM for over a week!

I have signed up for a minimum of 2 hours of Cheering as well and have been assigned to the Nerds Squad.

I will also be hosting a mini-challenge again.  The same one I've done before: post a photo, video or audio of children reading or being read to or write/talk about an adult who turned you on to reading as a child.  The mini-challenge will run through hours 11, 12 and 13 or 3-6PM Pacific Time.  The prize will be one of my crocheted bookmarks.

This year my read-a-thon stack has got to be predominately ARCs as I'm so far behind on them.

Between now and 5am Saturday or in the next 30 hours I've got to prep five posts counting this one (Friday's regular post, Saturday's Thon post, the Mini-Challenge post and my ROW80 check-in.  Get at least six hours of sleep.  Prep my food and drink for the 24 hours.  Prep my reading list--mostly ARCs as I said above but for those times my eyes or mind go out of focus I want some light reading or an audio book to fall back on. Only one of my current ARCs can be considered light reading and it's font is smallish.

2 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  10/12/2012 2:58 AM  

I just got my bookpile put together yesterday. Good luck on Saturday!

Kate @Midnight Book Girl 10/12/2012 5:53 AM  

I am in the same boat! I'm cheering (Team Hot Tamales!), hosting the Book Sentence challenge, and trying to get everything prepped. I always have a hard time sleeping before readathon due to the excitement (it's like Christmas Eve for book lovers), and once again I'm doing readathon with other blogger friends. They definitely help keep me awake, but there's a lot more laughing than page turning! ;) Good luck tomorrow, I will be cheering you on!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP