Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNo Nausea

The Tempter's Taunts


The taunting from my inner tormentor seems especially bad this year.

 But don't I feel much the same around this same stage every year?

 My official wordcount still stands at 555 from that first session but I probably ought to be counting most of the words I've invested in notes and sketches and various musings about the story and maybe even the exercises in which I let my characters rant at will on whatever is on their minds.

 I've been told before that I've got too strict of a definition for what constitutes 'rough draft' putting more emphasis on 'draft' and little on 'rough' as though the only difference between a final draft and the earliest draft is the rearrangement of a few paragraphs and the fixing of typos and fact faux pas.

So sometime in the next couple of days I'm going to collect all of those rough musings into one place in order to count the words and adjust my official word count accordingly.

But first I'm going to give myself a day off.  Maybe play hide and seek with my muse by pretending to ignore the story while I fiddle with this or that, read a novel, watch a movie, go thread shopping, wield a crochet hook, doodle...

Eat birthday cake

1 tell me a story:

Deb 11/13/2011 12:53 PM  

Hi, Joy! Thanks so much for your comment regarding my recent post. It promted me to clarify that I didn't mean to lump "Harry..," "Twilight," and other YA fiction in my concerns about the new trend. I'm a particular fan of those, as a matter of fact! And, I believe the "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" type of books have their place, as well.
My specific concern has to do with those new YA books trending toward demonology, occult practices and strongly sexually explicit scenes. "Twilight" and other YA fiction has not done that before this.
I so agree with you regarding the benefits of literature in answering the deeper questions, or bringing to light those that YAs might want or need to address. Not looking to ban books by any stretch!! Not wanting to can books in specific, it might be good for us to email if you want to know which books in particular I'm concerned about.
Thanks again, Joy, for caring and for your thoughtful contribution.
Deb/TheBookishDame
http://abookishlibraria.blogspot.com

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP