Scroll down or click here for my Read-a-Thon post, My Brain on Books, intermittently updated like a blog within a blog until the end--of the Thon or my consciousness whichever comes first.
Open until 6pm Pacific Coast Time aka end of Hour 13
Suggestions for content:
- post a picture or video of a child or children reading or being read to
- post a picture or video of yourself reading as a child or reading to children
- spend 20 minutes reading to or being read to by a child age 0-15 and post about it
- interview a child about the meaning of reading to them and post the interview in text, audio or video
- relate memories about the meaning of reading in your childhood (text, audio or video)
- post a thank you message to the pro literacy organization of your choice for their efforts on behalf of child literacy (text, audio or video)
- post a thank you message to any adult(s) responsible for turning you on to reading as a child (text, audio or video)
- visit a pro literacy organization site and report on one or more of their programs or activities, linking to the page(s) discussing it.
You can post your entry on a blog or facebook as long as you make the post public so I can see it or else post it directly on Joystory's facebook fanpage. Please enter direct URL of your post in comments which will alert me by email that I have an entry to visit. :)
Also leave an email with your comment so I can contact you if you win.
If you don't have a blog, or facebook page you can still enter by leaving a comment on this post that conforms to the rules: a paragraph or so on the theme. This option is limited to text only of course.
After I have visited each entry to verify it, I will choose winner(s) via random.org.
I keep saying winner(s) because I intend to add a prize when entries increase by 10 + 1 until there are a total of 5 prizes. Thus when/if there are 11 entries there will be two prizes. 21 entries = 3. And so forth up to 41 an up = 5 prizes.
Winner(s) will receive one of these crocheted bookmarks (they will all have tassels before mailed):
You can state a preference if you like and preferences will be assigned by rank in the randomized list of winners if there are multiple winners.
I'm sorry but I can only mail to USA or Canada addresses.