Scroll down or click here for my Read-a-Thon post, My Brain on Books, intermittantly updated until the end--of the Thon or my consciousness whichever comes first.
Joy Renee age 9-ish reading to baby sister and cousin age 2-ish
The challenge is to create a post celebrating the reading child and to link to the Reading is Fundamental webpage.
Suggestions for content:
- post a picture or video of a child or children reading or being read to
- post a picture or video of yourself reading as a child or reading to children
- spend 20 minutes reading to or being read to by a child age 0-15 and post about it
- interview a child about the meaning of reading to them and post the interview in text, audio or video
- relate memories about the meaning of reading in your childhood (text, audio or video)
- post a thank you message to RIF for their efforts on behalf of child literacy (text, audio or video)
- post a thank you message to any adult(s) responsible for turning you on to reading as a child (text, audio or video)
- visit the RIF site and report on one or more of their programs or activities, linking to the page(s) discussing it.
- post about a personal encounter (if any) with RIF--did one of their free books impact your childhood? did you participate as either child or adult in one of their sponsored activities?
This challenge is open for three hours.
Please enter URL of the post in the Mr. Linky below. Leaving a comment also will alert me by email that I have an entry to visit. :) But a comment isn't required. After I have visited each entry to verify it, I will choose 5 winners via random.org.
Each winner will receive one of my crocheted bookmarks similar to these:
Except that I will custom make them after consulting via email with the winners on their preferred colors and style.
The winners are:
Thanks to everyone who participated.