Sunday, November 22, 2020

Bedwriting #ROW80 #NaNoWriMo

 

Bedwriting-- will soaks yu in streamz of consuchas

Have had a fairly calm week.  I'm sure that has much to do with having put a very high priority on sleep.  I'm almost starting to worry that things might tip too far in the other direction but until I actually am getting over 10 hours per day for over a week and still feeing like it isn't enough I'm going to assume I'm just working off the deficit.  What is actually happening is I'm averaging 5 to 6 hours followed by 1 to 2 hours awake followed by another 1 to 3 hours asleep.

I spent a lot of time on my bed between 9pm and 9am the days Mom was home and when she was gone this weekend I spent way more than that.  But I'm not necessarily sleeping or trying to sleep that whole time.  As I described in my Good Grief post in October, my bed is set up for reading, writing, watching video and listening to music and audio books.  

This weekend I was intending to have a movie or TV series binge but kept putting it off--holding it out as the carrot for so many to-dos that I ran out of time.

The to-dos were  ROW 80 Goals, NaNo catchup, shower/shampoo and putting order back in the chaos of my wardrobe created by six months of not putting things away after looking for something to wear, after items returned from laundry, after the mess I made packing to go pack up Ed's apartment and the return followed by last weekend's washing up of Ed's laundry and adding the items I wanted to keep to all those piles.   

So shortly after Mom left Friday afternoon, I gathered all of the clothes chaos onto Mom's bed and then set up my writing station on my bed and proceeded to go back and forth between them for the next 48 hours.

I kept intending to reward myself with one video after tending to the clothes for a time or tending to NaNo for significant wordcount.  But I always seemed to choose reading instead and then often fell asleep while reading.  I think I sensed I didn't have it in me to stay awake for an hour to two hour video by the time I had given myself permission to 'play'.  

Besides the book I was reading was Game of Thrones and that was also one of the Series I've been watching and I'd decided a couple weeks ago that I'd gotten confused by the series as it entered Season 2 and wanted to catch up in the books before I returned to the videos.  Well I had finally caught up as of late Saturday yet I kept choosing the book, now the second,  A Clash of Kings, over the video.

But as I fell asleep reading in the wee hours of Sunday, I still thought I had time for my video binge on Sunday late afternoon as Mom usually returns after 7pm but I learned as I was waking up at 10am that she would be returning before 5pm.  And with meal prep and kitchen clean-up added to clearing off Mom's bed and the shower/shampoo... Well a two hour time slot for videos just wasn't going to happen.  So here I sit two hours after Mom's lights out getting my ROW80 check-in put together--which was a task I forgot to put on my weekend to-do list--and I still haven't put in any NaNo words today.

I do have a strange habit of holding my carrots just out of reach for so long it seems I never catch hold of them.  I've been holding the video binge carrot out for months now.

1 tell me a story:

Rui Chan 11/24/2020 8:53 PM  

I hope getting more sleep helps you feel better!

You'll soon see the GoT books and series end up taking different directions so I think reading first is definitely a good idea! Enjoy that and have a nice week.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP