Friday, June 28, 2013

Making It Dance

moar kittehs  see  vote  caption  share

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.  --  George Bernard Shaw

It was two weeks ago tonight that I conceived the idea of switch from night owl to early bird.  Finally I'm starting to see the skeleton of success.  The days are taking a shape that I just need to flesh out now.  And I need to start doing more of the things that set me up for success--like getting things arranged so that the things I have to do when my head isn't fully in the game can go on autopilot.  That would be especially the first and last half hours of the day.  But also the late afternoon when my system seems to hit a valley in both mental and physical aptitude--a time when getting physical would be the most productive use of the time but tends not to happen if I don't have a plan.

Getting these posts up earlier in the day--preferably before lunch--would really help the evening hours go smoother.  They are one of the main culprits keeping me from getting laid down by 9 as is my goal.  And having them still hanging over me after 4 lends a pall of anxiety over the entire evening--the dinner prep and eating, family time, reading to Mom and kitchen cleanup.  It might even have contributed to the collisions I had with the wall and the dishwasher this week.

So I will be devoting attention to the necessary tweaks to the schedule and environment and giving thought to designing a series of routines that can be turned into to habits for those first and last thirty minutes and the late afternoon hours.


Rigid, the skeleton of habit alone upholds the human frame.  --  Virginia Woolf

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP