Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Serenity #329

see moar kittehs  vote   caption    share


My husband and I both created Skype accounts and installed the program and then got to spend an hour and a half visiting 'face to face' this evening.  This is our latest effort to alleviate the pain of this unwanted separation created by the lifequake that I keep alluding to here.  The details are  in ROW80 #69 check-in. and  this Sunday Serenity so I don't need to reiterate them here.

It was like being in the next room.  It's been hours since we signed off Skype and I'm still tripping over it.  I'm so grateful.  Thank you Skype!  This is going to make being over 500 miles apart more bearable.  Now that it is done I can't understand what took us so long.  Old fuddie-duddies we are.

My sister and I have plans to go down to pack up more of my stuff next weekend.  The only thing stopping us would be if one of the seven members of my brother's family get sick so Mom can't spend the weekend with them.  Depending on how much we can fit in the van, we may have to make a second trip before May 15 the date Ed has to vacate.

I guess we will be bringing back our cat Merlin this trip.  I got to 'visit' with Merlin today too.  LOL.

Oh, the posts linked above don't include the latest info about the landlord putting the trailer up for sale a couple weeks ago and giving Ed notice to vacate by May 15.  Then yesterday he asked if Ed could be out by May 1st.  I guess he had a potential buyer who wanted to take possession May 1st.  But apparently he can't insist.  On the other hand he and Ed have a friendship which puts Ed in a hard place.

It is hard not being able to see a clear picture of the future.  But it is going to be so much easier to muddle through being able to have face to face, real time conversations as events develop at both ends.  It was especially hard sitting with the new info regarding May 1st all night after Ed dropped it on me in an email just before he went to bed last night.


1 tell me a story:

Jamie 3/25/2013 2:51 PM  

Awesome. I am glad you and Ed had that experience. Vickie and I have enjoyed using it for our time together.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP