Tuesday, March 05, 2013

La Favorites

The Lace Yarn Display at La Favorites
401 Cowlitz Way
Kelso WA 98626
I stood in front of this wall drooling like a teething baby this afternoon.  My sister took me there after a stressful interview at social services and for nearly an hour as we wandered along wall after wall, oogling and touching, I almost forgot my troubles and my mind sparked with idea after idea.

We didn't buy anything today but I'm sure we'll be back and as soon as I finish the overdue Secret Santa project I can give myself permission to start something new and maybe even buy new yarn. :)

The proprietor of La Favorites, Amy La Fave, is wonderfully friendly and let me chatter endlessly about my various WIP and she obviously has a passion for and solid knowledge of the fiber arts.  At least knitting and yarns.

The special thing about her store is that it isn't just a place to come in and buy something and go.  It is a hangout and you are encouraged to bring your WIP and stitch as you visit.  They also have classes.  And serve espresso.

It doesn't look like a store either as it is in a house tho not a house used as a residence.  But they have outgrown it and are in the process of making a move.

This unique fine yarn shop would be worth the trip from anywhere in Southwest Washington or Northwest Oregon.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP