Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Forays in Fiction: Quotes




“A novelist has two lives-- a reading and writing life, and a lived life. he or she cannot be understood at all apart from this.”
― Jane Smiley, 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel

“If living is to progress, if you are lucky, from foolishness to wisdom, then to write novels is to broadcast the various stages of your foolishness.”
― Jane Smiley, 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel


I've been on duty here at Mom's for the last 24 hours.  Mom has just gone to bed.  I've still got to clean up the kitchen but if I do a quick quote post like this tonight I may still have time to work in my own fiction files before I have to take my night meds and give the day over to the sandman.

Enjoy these quotes from Jane Smiley's 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel, her reader's and writer's 'travel guide' to the novel which she wrote after spending a year reading 100 novels.  I've been reading in this since mid January, having checked it out of the Longview library the first week of my visit.  I thought my time was up with it as it had had its two renewals but my sister got a reprieve for me in another renewal so I have it for three more weeks.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP