Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Serenity #327

moar LOLz   see vote caption share

I slipped and fell off the mini-tramp this afternoon.   Wasn't even a workout.  I was just walking across it with slick soled shoes.  Got a severe jarring, a bruise on the inside of my left leg and the top of my right shoulder but the worst was the gouge on the inside of my left wrist between watchband and palm.  About an inch long and 8th of an inch wide and deep.  About like being peeled with a potato peeler.  It missed the vein by half an inch.

My nephew was in the next room and heard the commotion and came to see if I was alright.  I showed him my wrist and he went after gauze, tape and antibiotic.  He did a good job.  Especially in staying calm.  And also in his caring manner.  He's studying biology in college with an eye toward medical school.

So why does this rate a Sunday Serenity post?  Well partly to talk up my nephew.  :)  Partly because it could have been so much worse if it had got the vein so there's gratitude.  But I'm wanting to especially make a point of congratulating myself for not letting the incident derail my plans for the day or send me into a 'I can't do anything right' meltdown.

1 tell me a story:

Teddy Rose 3/11/2013 8:37 PM  

Yikes! I'm so glad you are okay and your nephew was there. Take care!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP