Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #71



Thirteen Pictures of Our Room After the Big Makeover

The first five pics are taken clockwise starting just inside the door and to its right--facing it that is.


Those four white boxes are the bottom half of Ed's boot boxes and serve as drawers. Two of them were emptied in the sorting. One holds sorted computer and camera related things. The other unsorted papers that were sorted out of other boxes in the BIG SORT project of last week. The yellow box on the bottom shelf is also full of unsorted papers. I'm waiting until I get the dreaded junk drawer sorted before I tackle the papers as there are more in there.
As an interesting side note, I've re-shelved the Great Books set seen in the pictures above and below backwards with the first one on the far right. That put the Syntopicon (Index of Ideas) and Homer through Shakespeare within arms reach while sitting at my desk. Those are the ones I access the most often. The others I need to get up and walk around to the foot of the bed or do calisthenics on the bed to reach them.
Continuing clockwise, the next five pictures are of my 'office'.


The blue drawers are full my sewing paraphernalia. Still needs a lot of organizing but at least everything is more accessible then it was in that giant snowman gift bag the once fell on us from its perch atop the stack of cardboard boxes aka bookshelves.


Above, I show how the drawer pulled out with a board laid across it extends my desk space when needed. Below, I've taken the board off to show the innards of the junk-drawer which I talked about in yesterday's post. It is the last big sorting job left to do and it intimidates me. It is so stuffed with stuff the stuff oozes out when I open it like the biscuit dough out of those cardboard tubes.
Above is the cupboard next to the closet in which my Mother-in-law stores quilts. I've put all our bags in here: backpacks, duffels, purses, book bags and so forth. Sorry the quality is so poor. Somehow the dial on my camera got bumped off auto focus.

The last two pictures are of Merlin enjoying the room. One of the best unanticipated benefits of this project was that I was able to ensure the room was both safe for him and safe from him--at least enough so that he can spend most of the hours I'm awake and in the room off his harness and leash. He is loving that. Especially the access to the window. I tried to get him to go look out the window so I could get a picture of it but he was more interested in me and the camera--especially the wrist cord hanging off it. That cat!


I posted the before pictures in TT three weeks ago and pictures of the process of putting the room back together two weeks ago.

It is fitting that this project which began on January 1st is memorialized on the last day of January.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


10 tell me a story:

Pretty Life Online 1/30/2008 11:48 PM  

cool entry!!! mine's up too... Happy TT!

Jan Parrish 1/31/2008 12:56 AM  

I think kitty likes it best. That looks like a lot of work. Good job.

Anonymous,  1/31/2008 4:29 AM  

It looks so neat & tidy! The question now is, how long will it last? ;)

Laura Paxton 1/31/2008 5:57 AM  

Looks like you did a good job!! Wanna come do my house? Happy T-13!

Anonymous,  1/31/2008 7:50 AM  

Sweet. The Joystory control module. Looks like a great place to fly from.

Anonymous,  1/31/2008 1:04 PM  

Looks very nice. Especially the cat!

Susan Helene Gottfried 1/31/2008 1:56 PM  

May it stay that way! So nice and neat and useful.

Julia Phillips Smith 1/31/2008 3:43 PM  

Everything looks fantastic, Joy Renee! An Herculean feat, but you did it.

(applause)

Thanks for the view of your 'office' - I always like seeing where my blog buddies are sitting when they're writing.

Ann 1/31/2008 7:23 PM  

Great pictures. You did an awesome job with that. I'm still working on mine (somehow life and the dayjob keep interrupting- and adding to the piles). I'm with Julia, I like seeing where other people work. :)

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP