Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sunday Serenity #40

Smile! It's like magic. It triggers our brain to concoct its own joy juice.

You don't believe me? Listen to this guy:

Smile right now! Regardless of what is going on in your life I want you to smile. Smile big. Smile goofy. Smile a smile that spreads from your lips to your entire face and eyes, even your neck, shoulders, and scalp. Just smile!

Smiles seem to be one of those physical postures or actions that are ‘hard-wired’ to a particular emotional state. You simply can not feel sad while smiling. Try it.


You'll have to go read the entire thing to see the scientific explanation if you must have it. I didn't think it necessary to clutter my Sunday Serenity post with it when all you have to do is try it to prove it to yourself.

Hat Tip: Just More Words At the End Of the Day

Yes, the pic is of me, Joy Renee, age 2 years.

Join us for a moment of Serenity.

2 tell me a story:

Jamie 1/19/2008 1:49 PM  

Very cool, sis. Cute picture of you.

Ann 1/20/2008 8:01 PM  

Cute picture. :)

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP