Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sunday Serenity #38



This is the picture of serenity for me. It is doubly affecting for me because this illustration by Jessie Wilcox-Smith was in my childhood copy of Robert Louis Steven's A Child's Garden of Verses. One of my most favorite books in all my life. As much because of the illustrations as the playful word play of the poems.

I am looking forward to spending most of a day doing just this.

But it won't be this Sunday. I've still got hours of work left to get all of our stuff out of the living room, hallway, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and porch and back into our room. This project of reorganizing our room began on New Year's day just minutes after Ed's folks backed out of the driveway to begin their week long vacation on the coast. I've worked at it for twelve hours or more per day since Tuesday.

I can nearly see the end. Our room has taken on the sense of a home and a sanctuary for the first time since we moved into it in late August of 2001.

I can't wait to spend several relaxing hours enjoying the new ambiance.

Maybe by Monday morning.



1 tell me a story:

Jamie 1/06/2008 6:37 PM  

I am so glad that you are finally accomplishing what you wanted all along. I believe the cards I read for you that night you spent the night with, helped you see a different perspective. Keep it up sister/friend...

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP