Sunday, January 20, 2008

Monday Poetry Train #29


print for sale at art.com

I still don't have any new poems of my own to post but I really miss the Poetry Train so I'm hopping aboard again this week with this poem that, as a creative writer who is also a creative speller and long time user of word processors, got my funny bone in a tizzy.

Note I did not write this. I ran across it somewhere online in a context that led me to assume it was already spread far and wide anonymously. I hope I am not infringing on anyone by passing it around some more. I just couldn't resist. it is so funny.

If someone recognizes this and knows who the author is or where it was published, if it was, let me know so I can give appropriate citation.

Owed To A SpellChequer

Eye halve a spell in chequer;
It came with my pea sea;
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write -
It shows me strait aweigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
it nose bee fore two long,
and eye can put the error rite
its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it;
I am shore your pleased two no
its letter-perfect awl the weigh,
my chequer tolled me sew.

3 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  1/21/2008 4:03 AM  

That is too funny. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Julia Phillips Smith 1/21/2008 5:12 AM  

LOL! This might be the wave of the future, though...

Just scrolled down to check out your similarly-themed story snippet. Funny how we were both on the same wavelength.

Susan Helene Gottfried 1/21/2008 8:19 AM  

These things make me sad; it's always better to take the two seconds to be certain than to trust a machine that doesn't understand.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP