Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #66



Thirteen Pictures of the Snow We Got Christmas Night Which I Took With My New Digital Camera




1. These were all taken between eight and nine o'clock Wednesday morning. The snow was gone by noon. It has been spitting snow again all day but it isn't sticking. I'm so glad I made it to the library Monday!


2. My father-in-law's car. Ed was taking it to work during the hectic weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas when he had to commute before or after the buses were running.

3. Ed took the bus Wednesday morning. His Mom stayed home so no tire marks backing out.

4. The paper usually comes before five in the morning but it hadn't arrived yet when I took this.

5. Sweetie was romping in the snow. Merlin was doing his best to stay out of it. See last night's post for his close encounter with the snow. As this pic was taken Sweetie was being called back in the house and soon after that, I took pity on Merlin and picked him up. I was carrying him around while the rest of the pictures were taken and he was putting up with it. He is not much for being held or cuddled. Though he has increased in affection since my return last week.

Most of the following pictures I took because I'm fascinated by the way the snow turns ordinary objects into something extraordinary. I suppose I would get over that if I lived where the snow was knee deep for weeks every year.

Except for the final one, I took the rest one-handed while holding Merlin over my left shoulder. Something I couldn't have done with my other camera.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10. I held the camera over the fence and pointed it down to get this. I couldn't have done that with my other camera and expected to get anything worth looking at.

11. Across the back yard fence. The pool is inside the green fence beyond the trees. Right around Thanksgiving some joker reached over the fence and tossed the hose into the pool and turned it on. The pool overflowed and our yard and the yards to either side of us turned into big mud puddles.

12. Dreaming of summer.

13. Taken out the window after returning to my room. This is the roofs of the neighbor's shed and carport. I'm watching the snow fall on them right now. It isn't sticking anywhere except in some of the leaves of the tree

Attempts to take pictures out the window with my other camera got me nothing but big balls of white light. I am really liking this new Camera. I am nothing but an amateur and I know it but I'm having fun.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 tell me a story:

Joely Sue Burkhart 12/27/2007 3:45 PM  

Lovely pictures! We got an inexpensive digital camera too (to replace my old one that couldn't hold its charge/battery life). My favorite gift, though, is the new ergonomic keyboard/mouse so maybe my wrists won't kill me so much! Happy TT!

JoAnn 12/27/2007 4:02 PM  

We are sooooo envious! Here is western WA we rarely get snow. While it did snow on Christmas (a miracle in itself), it did not stick. Then today I was watching the news as it told me it was snowing in my town...look out the window and nothing is falling from the sky. We were suppose to get 1-2 inches accumulation and got nothing. : ( Enjoy the snow for us...will ya? BTW, I love the photo of the cat outside in it.

Kay Day 12/27/2007 4:47 PM  

beautiful pictures!
We had snow Christmas and again all day today! I love it!

Melanie 12/27/2007 5:14 PM  

I love snow!!! Yeah!! Nothing like a white Christmas! Happy New Year!

Jamie 12/27/2007 6:37 PM  

Great pictures... I'm glad you finally got a good camera.

Jeannine 12/28/2007 3:43 AM  

You call that snow...? LOL
Uhm we have just a little bit more where I am!
But yours is pretty, too... :-) And white, and probably just as cold...

Have a great 2008!

Anonymous,  12/28/2007 9:25 PM  

Great photos. Thanks for sharing

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP