Friday, September 07, 2007

Madeleine L'Engle RIP


Publicity photo from Random House

Madeleine L'Engle was one of my favorite authors as a child. I discovered her as a first grader and voraciously devoured every one of her books on the library shelves through my high school years and beyond. She has been one of the major influences on my sense of what literature is and of the power of story to do more than just entertain but to teach life lessons, to heal, to instill wonder, to elevate the soul.

She died this week at age 88. She had published over sixty books.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP