Monday, September 03, 2007

Gilmorized



Since I got sick ten days ago, I've watched 98 episodes of Gilmore Girls. I was on episode five of second season when this thing hit me and just watched episode fourteen of season six. Eight more episodes and I will be stuck until my niece has acquired her season 7 DVDs and watched them. Which is not due out until November 13.

Eventually I'm hoping to write a coherent post to explain why my psyche has been shanghaied by this series which I never even bothered to check out while it was still in production. Someday. In the meantime this video gives a number of examples of the 'Gilmorisms' that are a hallmark of the show. They are references to 3000 years of literature, drama, art, music, history and pop culture woven into the dialog. Between Lorelei and her daughter Rory they almost amount to a private language.

1 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  9/05/2007 8:47 PM  

Hey, Joy. Welcome to the club. I was sucked into Gilmore Girls 5 years ago. And I too have written about why I love Gilmore Girls.

When you write your piece, I'd love to link to it from my Gilmore Girls fan site. Looking forward to reading it.

-TimK

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP