Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #42

Since yesterday's post was all about the influence of the Twin Peaks soundtrack on my Fruits of the Spirit storyworld, I decided to list some of the other music that I've used to set mood for a scene, a story, even a character.

I am partial to movie sound tracks, which isn't too surprising when you consider that they were scored to impart or emphasize the moods of scenes. The instrumental only tracks are the most useful as having someone else's words sung to me while I'm trying to compose my own can be distracting. But vocals sung in a language I don't know act the same as an instrument.

The entire range of emotions can be expressed with symphonic orchestral music as well as electronically synthesized music and when the two are combined as in Maurice Jarre, really interesting things happen on the emotional level. Jazz and Blues are well known as languages of emotion.



Thirteen Musicians I Whose Music I Compose My Stories To:

  1. Angelino Badalamenti (of Twin Peaks fame)
  2. Enya
  3. Beethoven
  4. Motzart
  5. Holst (esp. The Planets)
  6. John Williams (how many movie scores?)
  7. Bach
  8. Vivaldi
  9. Emerald Web
  10. Wagner
  11. Maurice Jarre (esp. Ghost soundtrack)
  12. Sacred Spirits (American Indian Chant with drums and pipe)
  13. Tchaikovsky

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




(leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP