Friday, June 08, 2007

Shiver My Whiskers

Shiver My Whiskers

On one of the first hot days of the year, the first week of June, I was drinking an iced-coffee. Our cat, Merlin, who loves ice-cubes, could hear them clicking against the sides of the tumbler. Usually I have ice-water in that tumbler and will share with him. Obviously, I could not share my coffee with him, no matter how persistent his pestering. But I did drink it three times faster than I would normally do. But by then the ice-cubes, without the liquid to float in, were too far down for him to reach. Don't worry, I took pity on him. More than he took on my poor shins.

Being pestered by an ambidextrous, six-toed cat, is a great motivator, too bad I can't train him to pester me to get cracking on my WIP.

This is my entry in the photo contest Karen is holding at Write From Karen. The theme this month is humor. Voting opens the evening of June 15th and closes the evening of the 18th. Will it help if Merlin pesters you?

________________________________

Speaking of pestering and self-promotion. I'm going to see if inserting this invitation at the foot of every post for awhile will help jump-start the meme community:

Please Join me for Sunday Serenity

6 tell me a story:

Julia Phillips Smith 6/08/2007 5:50 AM  

Cute picture! The glass is a perfect cat-sized tunnel.

Sparky Duck 6/08/2007 8:25 AM  

Im just excited that you could get your cat on a lead!

Kerrio 6/08/2007 9:53 AM  

Oh Joy - you have tempted me now!

SIX toed cat????


Kerrio

Anonymous,  6/08/2007 12:21 PM  

That was the part that caught my attention too, Joy - six-toed cat?!

I can just see his furry little head jiggling from side to side trying to catch the ice cubes. lol

Thanks for playing and good luck!

Jamie 6/09/2007 7:15 PM  

Merlin is adorable, Sis. That is funny he loves ice cubes, Lucy used to love them too. Aren't animals just the best companions?

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP