Saturday, August 12, 2006

Manybooks

I had planned to write a post, maybe even two or three, this session. But instead I spent three hours exploring this site:

manybooks.net - Free eBooks for your PDA

I lost track of how many eBooks I downloaded. The one I'm most excited about is James Joyce's Ulyssus. Now I can stop chasing the library copy. It is the 1920 something edition and not the 1986 edition, which was revised to edit typos and such, which I once owned and had to sell. But I can live with that.

I was excited to find they have all of Jane Austen's novels. And Charles Dickens'. I didn't download any of them just bookmarked the pages with the links. As I did for several other classic authors.

I barely scratched the surface of this site. Go explore.

I'll be back Sunday night. I'm off to get some sleep before I head to Grandma's. I've been up for 25 hours and that included the regular Friday library run in which I walked both ways for the first time in four weeks.

1 tell me a story:

Anonymous,  8/12/2006 3:32 PM  

Great resource. I bookmarked it.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP