Friday, September 16, 2011

BBAW 2011 Day 5: Blogging Tips and Tricks

BBAW 2011 Day 5

Today's topic share 3 tried and true practices and 1-3 things you've either recently implemented or would like to try

3 tried and true (sadly I often fall short)

  1. consistent content reflecting your true heart
  2. use images--for some reason the search engines love them especially if you've given them a file name or caption that is a likely search phrase and reflects the content of the post
  3. network--visit, comment, reply, return visits, participate in events, challenges, memes, thons and read alongs


3 things I'd like to try

  1. add a follow widget in sidebar--I've added a bunch of blogs to my reader as I passed by this week because of the ease of it
  2. use social networks
  3. host a meme or challenge

4 tell me a story:

Erin 9/16/2011 10:30 AM  

I'm trying to use more images, but I didn't realize search engines love them -- bonus!

lisa :) 9/16/2011 12:30 PM  

consistent content reflecting your true heart

Well said! I think honesty & authenticity are great qualities in a book blog and they really shine through in good writing!

@parridhlantern 9/16/2011 4:17 PM  

love using images, makes it more fun & follow widgets are a great way to go.

Unruly Reader 9/16/2011 5:46 PM  

Oh! I learned something from your post today, and I love learning new things. Didn't know before about search engines finding images and their tags... Thanks for the info!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP