Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Movie Marathon


Just minutes after I posted last night that I would reward myself for the ten hour unpacking job by watching the first disc of Gormenghast, Ed informed me he had to work the next morning (today) and would be heading to bed shortly. So I waited until this afternoon and watched all four episodes of the miniseries back to back followed by the extra features. A good five hours or more that took.



Then, after dinner I watched All the King's Men--the 2008 version starring Sean Penn. I'd watched the 1949 version starring Broderick Crawford in June. Both Gormenghast and All the King's Men are movies based on books. I read the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervin Peake in the early 80s. I have the audio books checked out of the library and hope to listen to them soon.

I've never read Robert Pen Warren's Pulitzer Prize winning novel All the King's Men but I think I want to now. The one I watched this evening seemed to be quoting the novel directly in the narration. At least it gave me that impression and makes me want to read the book because I liked the sound of the narrator's voice. The plot was also much more complex then the 1949 movie which also speaks favorably for the book.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP