Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Libary Loot: February 16 – 22

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Claire has Mr Linky this week

This is a screenshot of the most recent batch of books and DVD from the library which my husband picked up for me last Thursday:



These are the three I was most excited about:

The secret life of Emily Dickinson : a novel by Jerome Charyn

I sent for this after reading a review at Book Journey

I've been a huge fan of Emily Dickinson's poetry since my teens and currently have a NF book about her life and her family, Lives Like Loaded Guns, checked out which I've mentioned in previous posts.


I've been a huge fan of Oliver Saks for years as well. Ever since I read his, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. His ability to make lucid and relevant to daily living the inner working of the mind is as much a phenomenon as the cases he is so fond of relating.

In Musicophilia he gives evidence of the profound relationship our minds have to music.

Crocheting for Fun & Profit by Darla Sims

My interest in this should be obvious I guess. My blog, over the last two years has become more about the crocheting than the reading and writing. Though I'm trying to shift the balance back to include those other interests both in my life and in my posts,the crocheting (and other thread and fabric arts) will retain a significant place for the foreseeable future.

I've been getting many suggestions in the last year that I should think about selling the crocheted bookmarks as I'm making them faster than I can give them away. I'm clueless about starting and running a business though so the first step is to see what's involved.

2 tell me a story:

Claire (The Captive Reader) 2/17/2011 3:40 PM  

It seems like everyone is reading Oliver Sacks these days! I really must start on Uncle Tungsten, which I've had out of the library for far too long now without ever having cracking the cover.

Enjoy your loot!

Linda 2/19/2011 10:30 PM  

I do love Elizabeth Berg. Enjoy!

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP