Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Forays in Fiction: Quote

Pink Cat by Diane Ong  @art.com


Something about this picture mesmerizes me.  Am finding it hard to tear my eyes away.  Was trying to figure out why when it occurred to me that 'why' was the wrong question.  If there even is a right one.

My gaze reminded me of the quizzical steady gaze of an infant so maybe it is similar in nature to that ever fresh wonder of a baby's encounters with the new and strange which for them is a constant of their days but for adults who are unpracticed at seeing something for the first time it is rare to have our gaze captured like that.

I just had to spoil it by 'figuring it out' didn't I?

But those thoughts either were stimulated by or reminded me of the recent posting by Laurie Halse Anderson of that Chuck Palahniuk quote over at Mad Woman in the Forest:


The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. If you can change the way people think. The way they see themselves. The way they see the world. You can change the way people live their lives. That’s the only lasting thing you can create.    ~~Chuck Palahniuk

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP