Monday, October 01, 2007

Monday Poetry Train #19




Why Purple Silence Answers Urgent Plight

by Joy Renee

Baby cries, hand flies--
Cheek a-welt with purple palm,
Baby squeals, hand seals--
Throat aflame with silenced scream.
Baby wails, hand flails--
Butt a-throb with answered pleas.
Adult kneels, hands steepled--
Heart a-freight with urgent needs.
Voices sing, claps ring--
Church aglow with plighted praise.
“Our Father hear our sighs!
As we hear our children’s cries!”

###############

I wrote this in the early 90s during the time I began to question the doctrines I was raised under because of the treatment of children dictated or justified by them.

8 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP