Saturday, April 14, 2007

Imagini Me

I've been spotting this widget all over the blogosphere in the last several months. I thought it was a slide show of people's own pics at first but eventually noticed that the same pics were showing up in different people's slide shows. I kept promising myself that as soon as the library closure was behind me, I would see what it was all about.





Turns out it is a personality test of a sort. And it sure seems to have my number.

Your results are also compared to the results of other participants so you can see how your choices in each question compares to the choices of others. In terms of the percentage of others selecting the same pic for the prompt.

Out of thirteen questions only three of my picks ranked in double digits and eight of the remaining ten were in the fifth position and I suspect in a few cases, when my choice was at 4% or 2%, that there must have been one or two pics besides the other four shown that were selected more often than mine.

Well I always knew I was different, eccentric, unique, weird; that I never fit in. Teachers, classmates, parents, siblings, friends, preachers, cousins etc. spent the first thirty years of my life pointing this out to me and I spent those same years either helplessly shamed or struggling for at least the appearance of conformity.

The best thing that ever happened to me was to discover that conformity was not the holy grail nor was 'fitting in' the same thing as belonging.


I finally got it that I belong right here--smack dab in the middle of my very own story

1 tell me a story:

Elizabeth Bauterfly 4/15/2007 8:01 AM  

I love you joy and I beleive that everyone fits in with there life story but that most people don't feel confortable in it so they try to hide it like creating a mask for them selfs (not being who they really are) or there is people like me who hide in storys without knowing that they are hiding. Stories means studing people or reading books or listining to people or wandering in your stories that you created.

Elizabeth
Bauterfly

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP