Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm trying to remember the last time I spent 24 hours without lifting the lid of my laptop. Can't.

Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Guess it depends on the criteria for judging. At any rate, I was able to follow through on my plan to make the best of the situation. I choose to set my panic on a back burner until Friday evening at least. I should know by then if the hiatus is going to be hours or weeks longer.

Meanwhile, I did get four loads of laundry done and put away Thursday. I lost track of how many TTers I visited. I started and finished The Bad Beginning, Volume 1 of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Then started The Reptile Room and am more than 3/4 done with it as well. Both are re-reads, as I mentioned in my TT 29 below. But I am out to see how fast I can read the entire series. I had finished Volume 3 The Wide Window last September shortly before we got the WIFI. It was about then that my intense affair with the laptop and nearly unlimited web access really took off. By the time I came up for air towards the middle of October it was time to get serious about my NaNoWriMo project so I set aside the Lemony Snicket series, intending to reward myself with them after NaNoWriMo. I was really looking forward to spending most of December bingeing on fiction. My niece was excited about the prospect and was loading me down with books she wanted to share with me.

Then early in December I got the news about the upcoming library closure. Well the rest of that story can be followed via my posts since then. Any regular reader will know I was fairly obsessed about the looming library closure from that point til the day the doors were locked April 6th. The days since then have been about groping toward balance again, as I've posted several times. Not that I don't continue to pine for the library. But was starting to refocus. And now this, with the power cord giving up the ghost. It is hard not to see it as some kind of cosmic joke. Hey I'm not laughting.

Maybe someday I will.

I think I am rambling. Think it is time to go to bed. It is hard to let go of the computer knowing it will be 9pm before I can be back on it. But I have had little sleep in the last twenty-four hours and am going to have to give over the computer to my husband in about fifteen minutes anyway and if I don't get to sleep before six, I tend to get a second wind that will take me past noon even if I have been awake for over twenty-four hours. If I let that happen, I would essentially be giving up tomorrow night's session on the PC in my in-laws front room. It is all coming back to me. This was my life between January 2002 and September 2005.

(my apologies to TTers who left comments and who I have not visited yet or put your links on the front page. I will make that my first priority with tonight's session)

1 tell me a story:

Elizabeth Bauterfly 4/21/2007 11:12 PM  

You know that everything is going to be O.K. mabey it a good thing that the computers not working cause what would you be doing if this wern't the case? you still get to be on the internet and you get to read and you are getting a lot done would be getting that much stuff doneif the computer was working?( I don't think so)I love you butt in this I don't think this is a bad thing. Just my oppinion and something to think about.

Elizabeth
Bauterfly

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP