Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Forays in Fiction: Next Nano Novel--Knotty Ideas

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
It's only a couple of weeks before the August Camp NaNoWriMo and past time I started the prep work so the month of August can be about the scene writing but I'm stuck.  The problem is the opposite of not enough ideas.  The problem is there are too many.  Also there are too many fiction WIP because of NaNo already having started a new novel nearly every one of the 9 times I've participated counting last month for June Camp NaNoWriMo.

I'm tying my brain in knots trying to settle on whether to go with a brand new story in a brand new story world or stay in the FOS story world but take on the story of a new POV character.  Or do what I've done at least once before and declare the FOS story world the 'novel' and free range across all of the existing novels and short stories but count only the words written between August 1 and August 30.

Here is where I'm leaning:  Return to the Mobile Hopes story world which is in the FOS story world but nearly free of the character set surrounding Faye, Julia and Wilma etc. from Of Cats.  This was my NaNo Novel for 2008 set in a trailer park like the one I live in with a huge cast of characters each of which is affected by the economic conditions of the big recession that year that is still casting its tentacles upon us all after four years. The presidential election of 2008 was also featured in the storyline as backdrop. As were the wars and other current events.

I'm leaning towards returning to it because it is another presidential election year and the economy is still playing havoc on the hopes and dreams of so many upwardly and downwardly mobile people.

If I do return to this story world it won't be to the same story since it has after all been four years.  The five year olds from that story would be heading into 4rth grade and the 15 year olds would be in college, the military or an entry level job to name just a few of the changes.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP