Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Serenity #2


Was feeling a bit lazy today and didn't want to post but also didn't want to break my streak of daily posts now fifteen days long. Then I remembered that last Sunday I posted that cool music video of The Thousand-Hand Guan Yin and titled my post Sunday Serenity. I remembered thinking at the time that would make a cool meme. I am not sure how to go about creating a meme community but I like the idea of doing something with the serenity theme every Sunday even if I am the only one doing it.

After the week I just had, what could be better than the famous Serenity Prayer. You can learn the history of the prayer and its different versions at Wikipedia.

I created the graphic myself with OpenOffice.org Draw which is a free and open source graphic program and part of a suite that includes a word processor that can create PDF and HTML files, database, spreadsheet, slide presenter and more. The capabilities equal if not excel Microsoft Office. Be sure and check them out if you are in need of a comprehensive office suite of applications but don't have hundreds of dollars to invest.

Feel free to use the graphic for any non-commercial purpose.

Fiddling with my OpenOffice.org suite in an unhurried, relaxed and playful manner was one of the ways I chose to court serenity on this Sunday. I also played Bejeweled 2 and Text Twist online, read another volume in A Series of Unfortunate Events, IMed with my sister, daydreamed and took a nap.

My concept for Sunday Serenity is to post something on the theme each Sunday. It might be a video, music video or audio, a picture, a poem, a personal essay, a short story, or even some combination of two or more. Anyone who is interested in playing along, post something that evokes serenity for you and leave a link to your post in comments and I will come visit you.

I will try not to wait until Sunday is almost over next week. lol

2 tell me a story:

Jamie 4/22/2007 11:53 PM  

I am partcipating in your good idea. It is a Mary Oliver poem that brings peace and inspiration to me.

Elizabeth Bauterfly 4/23/2007 7:37 PM  

My great grandma H had that same prayer in a stiched picture that my mom has that my grandma made. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Elizabeth
Bauterfly

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP