Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Forays In Fiction: Script Frenzy Week 3

I confess I stalled out after converting all the dialog and the easy action bits of my short story, Of Cats and Claws and Curiosities, into screen play format. I can't figure out how or even how much of the inner monologue and memories of Faye to try to convey. I've decided to skip it for now. I think I need to read some scripts done by those who know what they are doing to get a feel for what needs doing in my script.

Instead of giving up entirely though, I'm going to move on to the second short story, Making Rag Doll Babies and Million Dollar Maybes, converting the dialog and action bits and leaving the parts that confoozle me.

The second story is nearly three times as long as the first so it should give me another fifty pages of script seeing as how the first one gave me over twenty. 70 some pages of script is a respectible accomplishment for a raw beginner.

Both stories are set in the same story world and feature the same cast of characters. In fact they are intended to be in the same novel as the first and third chapters. But the chapters of this novel are designed to also stand alone as short stories. I've posted both of them in snippets previously:

Chapter One: Of Cats and Claws and Curiosities:
~ Part One ~ Part Two ~ Part Three ~ Part Four

Chapter Three: Making Rag Doll Babies and Million Dollar Maybes:
~ Part One ~ Part Two ~ Part Three ~Part Four ~ Part Five ~ Part Six
~ Part Seven ~ Part Eight ~ Part Nine ~Part Ten ~ Part Eleven

I'm going to take a couple days off though. I'm participating in Dewey's Read-a-Thon tomorrow as Reader and as Cheerleader and sleeping it off on Sunday.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP